Put a Bubble in Your Mouth...

Put a Bubble in Your Mouth...

About the Creedens...

We are failing miserably at perfection, but so far, none of us are any worse for the wear!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I got 99 symptoms...

Many have asked me: "what the hell is wrong with you?"...
well not really, generally people have been really nice and concerned, and I appreciate that.  I've had a pretty interesting 2 years, healthwise.  I'll tell the whole story on here, but it will be a process, as my path to wellness has been a process too.  I've learned a lot, and I'd like to promote all the good things I've learned in my quest, because I think the information I've gathered from various sources is relevant to EVERYONE, not just people with an Auto-Immune disease. 

For now, I'll start with the beginning...July 2009, I start feeling like shit...

The Long and Pathetic List of Hashimoto's Auto-Immune Thyroiditis Symptoms
(The hi-lited ones are mine, specifically)
(from the website: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/long-and-pathetic/)

  • Less stamina than others

  • Less energy than others

  • Long recovery period after any activity

  • Inability to hold children for very long

  • Arms feeling like dead weights after activity

  • Chronic Low Grade Depression

  • Suicidal Thoughts

  • Often feeling cold

  • Cold hands and feet

  • High or rising cholesterol

  • Heart disease

  • Palpitations

  • Fibrillations

  • Plaque buildup

  • Bizarre and Debilitating reaction to exercise

  • Hard stools

  • Constipation

  • No eyebrows or thinning outer eyebrows

  • Dry Hair

  • Hair Loss

  • White hairs growing in

  • No hair growth, breaks faster than it grows

  • Dry cracking skin

  • Nodding off easily

  • Requires naps in the afternoon

  • Sleep Apnea (which can also be associated with low cortisol)

  • Air Hunger (feeling like you can’t get enough air)

  • Inability to concentrate or read long periods of time

  • Forgetfulness

  • Foggy thinking

  • Inability to lose weight

  • Always gaining weight

  • Inability to function in a relationship with anyone

  • NO sex drive

  • Failure to ovulate and/or constant bleeding (see Rainbow’s story)

  • Moody periods

  • PMS

  • Inability to get pregnant; miscarriages

  • Excruciating pain during period

  • Nausea

  • Swelling/edema/puffiness

  • Aching bones/muscles

  • Osteoporosis

  • Bumps on legs

  • Acne on face and in hair

  • Breakout on chest and arms

  • Hives

  • Exhaustion in every dimension–physical, mental, spiritual, emotional

  • Inability to work full-time

  • Inability to stand on feet for long periods

  • Complete lack of motivation

  • Slowing to a snail’s pace when walking up slight grade

  • Extremely crabby, irritable, intolerant of others

  • Handwriting nearly illegible

  • Internal itching of ears

  • Broken/peeling fingernails

  • Dry skin or snake skin

  • Major anxiety/worry

  • Ringing in ears

  • Lactose Intolerance

  • Inability to eat in the mornings

  • Joint pain

  • Carpal tunnel symptoms

  • No Appetite

  • Fluid retention to the point of Congestive Heart Failure

  • Swollen legs that prevented walking

  • Blood Pressure problems

  • Varicose Veins

  • Dizziness from fluid on the inner ear

  • Low body temperature

  • Raised temperature

  • Tightness in throat; sore throat

  • Swollen lymph glands

  • Allergies (which can also be a result of low cortisol–common with hypothyroid patients)

  • Headaches and Migraines

  • Sore feet (plantar fascitis); painful soles of feet

  • now how do I put this one politely….a cold bum, butt, derriere, fanny, gluteus maximus, haunches, hindquarters, posterior, rear, and/or cheeks. Yup, really exists.

  • colitis

  • irritable bowel syndrome

  • painful bladder

  • Extreme hunger, especially at nighttime

  • Dysphagia, which is nerve damage and causes the inability to swallow fluid, food or your own saliva and leads to “aspiration pneumonia”.


  • ...to be continued...

    1 comment:

    1. I was treating each symtpom on my own. Or I would go to the dermatologist for the skin rash, the GI doc for the intestinal issues, sleep/nap when I could for the fatal fatigue,try different shampoos for the hair loss and get disgusted working my butt off at the gym simply to see the scale move upward!?!Fortunately, I made an appt with e new PCP who is an MD and a naturopath...great combo! Within minutes she pinpointed THYROID problem. Still sorting out the treatment. I'll keep you posted!

      ReplyDelete